What model ????? DL autoloader do I have

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

renegade
Beginner

What model ????? DL autoloader do I have

Post by renegade »

I picked up a Marlin ???? DL at a gun show and can't tell what model DL it is.
The Magazine that came with the rifle has the release on the magazine.
But I am not sure this is the right mag as it fits a bit loose. There is a hook that comes off the reciever that the mag catchs on when inserted.
I would like to get another mag but not knowing the model makes it hard. The dealer only knew it was a Marlin or so he said.
I will try to give more information if needed.
So do I have a 88 DL or 89 DL this thing is in great shape. I'll try to post picks if I am aloud to..
Thanks
Bob
:D
renegade
Beginner

Re: What model ????? DL autoloader do I have

Post by renegade »

A little more info the stock matchs the A1DL by discription and it does take the old style flat side mag.
Still working on the pics. It is hard for me to think that a rifle last made in 1946 could be this clean.
I am not sure but would say it has the micro groove BBL.
Question number two what is the difference between the bolt action mag and the auto loader mag?
I can only find the bolt action mags and not sure they will work...
Thanks
Bob
renegade
Beginner

Post by renegade »

I should also state that the charging handle and ejection port are separated. It functions flawlessly.
renegade
Beginner

Post by renegade »

Well! I can't get the pics to display. I would have loved to get some feed back on the condition. I am not worried about price paid, any gun that goes bang and functions as advertised is worth that.. I am 99% sure this is a A-1, generation 2. I see no letter codes on the Bbl so I can not date it to year and month, So 1946 makes it 66 Iam 65.
I will be ordering the A-1 magazine from gun parts, hope it fits. Thanks for being here folks. This is a great research tool
tigweld
Marksman

Post by tigweld »

Does your rifle look like either of these Marlin A1's ? (http://www.pbase.com/tigweld/image/132373164) Top is the 1st variation,bottom is the 2cd variation.
renegade
Beginner

Post by renegade »

Yes the bottom one version 2. I keep referring to it as generation 2.
Those are some fine looking A-1s there Tigwelder.
tigweld
Marksman

Post by tigweld »

The "Old Style" magazine for the Marlin Model 80,80C,80DL etc. bolt action rifle will work in the A1 with some modifications. You will find this old posting of mine useful for making the modifications to the magazine.
(http://www.marlin-collectors.com/forum/ ... =15&t=7353)
"Let there be Welders,to attach metal things to other metal things"
renegade
Beginner

Post by renegade »

Thanks Tigweld, Got notified this AM that the Mags where shipped. So with your pics and instruction I should be able to make them work. Then I will have a working A-1 with 3 mags. Not much of a picture guy but yours where clear enough to see the mod..
THX
Bob
renegade
Beginner

Post by renegade »

Recieved the Mags from Numrich used Tigweld's mod.. Maybe I did not have to but they fit sloppy and after mod where fine. Still hard to latch into position, hope this goes away after some usage. The Magazines come with a mag catch and screw in each bag (2 mags 2 catchs and screws), changed it out still hard to latch. I'll get to the range this week and shoot this fine old beast and give a report.. :D

Thanks for the advice Tigweld. I left one unmodified just for grinns and giggles.
Bob
tigweld
Marksman

Post by tigweld »

Make sure you have the modifications done in both areas on the magazine. And sometimes I found a small adjustment has to be made to the mag. catch on the rifle itself. Good luck on your test firing.
"Let there be Welders,to attach metal things to other metal things"