Marlin 20A locking bolt

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

strongtower1
Beginner

Marlin 20A locking bolt

Post by strongtower1 »

I am restoring my dad's first gun, a Marlin 20A pump action .22 rifle. Its serial # is 2963 so I am assuming it to have been made in the 1911-1914 range. I need only ONE more part to fix it: The Locking Block (Marlin part # 37J). This same locking block was also used in the 20, 20S, 29,37, and 47, but I have exhausted all the sources I could find on the internet. Does anyone know of where such a piece can be found? I've tried: Numrich, Wisners, Popperts, Bob's Gun Shop. I may just have to try and make it, but I thought I would give the membership here a ring and see if something would come of it.
chrifle
Marksman 1st Class

Re: Marlin 20A locking bolt

Post by chrifle »

I will search my parts box when back in the states in January; my list says I have one, but it's possible I already sent it out to someone else :( keep trying your other sources, you never know when one will show up! I DEFINITELY have a spare complete rifle or two that I would sell you :wink: good luck and happy holidays! chrifle
strongtower1
Beginner

Post by strongtower1 »

Thanks chrifle, I look forward to what you find.
strongtower1
Beginner

Post by strongtower1 »

Chrifle, Any luck finding a part for me? Thanks man.
Hooker53
Beginner

Post by Hooker53 »

Just wondering g if it's pos to cut/alter a mod 20 locking bolt to fit the 20-A? The 20 is longer but don't know if the bosses are the same. Any input from you out there? I need the firing pin and the other parts for the breech. OT but you have to start somewhere. Lol. Thanks loads for your help.

Roy
Martinsville, Va.