worth?

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

hopkins5@iocc.com

worth?

Post by hopkins5@iocc.com »

i have a model 1894 22wmrf lever action what is it worth?
SteveW
Distinguished Expert

Post by SteveW »

If I knew anything of Wrenchesters - which I do not, I would still be unable to hazard a guess as you have omitted critical information. - Condition! As always, it is nearly impossible to appraise an unseen firearm.

Another way to look at the matter is to imagine you are the used car manager for a large dealership. Let's say business has been prosperous, and you have nearly exhausted your inventory of used autos. Therefore, you advertise to buy more. Then imagine that I call you and say I have a Dodge Ramcharger and demand to know what you will pay me for it.

What will your response be? A request for more information, perhaps? What will determine the amount of money you will pay me for it? This is not to be arrogant about the matter; more information is simply better. SW
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Steve;

I think he has one of the Marlin Model 1894M's in .22 WRM caliber made between 1983 and 1986, and not one of those "W" guns.

Post by Guest »

Rick,

Aha, I believe you are right! I still do not know what it might be worth, though. SW
SteveW
Distinguished Expert

Post by SteveW »

Oops! That was me. I think what might have influenced me to assume a 'W' gun was that I put a big loop lever in a Win 94 for a friend today. What a pain!! Marlins are SO much simpler!! SW
Marlin
Beginner

Post by Marlin »

The new BlueBook shows it as an 1894M made until 1989. Values $450 - 100%, $350 - 95%, $250 - 90%.

The 2005 Standard Catalogue shows $275 Exc, $225 VG and $175 Good.
They say it was mfg between 1983 and 1988.

Of course the final factor on value would be how much one is willing to pay and how badly one wants it!
My Second protects your First