stainless steel model 80?

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

bufford
Beginner

stainless steel model 80?

Post by bufford »

I just picked up a Marlin model 80 in "stainless steel or completely chromed finish" the whole gun is finished this way with a wood stock, shoots shorts, longs and long rifles, no serial numer on it so its probably a pre-64 year, looking for some info on this as I have not found any pictures or anything to compare to what I got, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: stainless steel model 80?

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Bufford;

Since the Model 80 was discontinued in 1971, it would not be a stainless steel gun. It is most likely an industrial chrome finish applied sometime in the past, but not by the factory. If there is no serial number, it would have been made sometime before 1968. Marlin did not serialize many of the inexpensive .22 caliber rifles made prior to 1968. After passage of the Gun Control Act of 1968, all firearms manufactured and/or sold in the U.S. must have a serial number, and records maintained.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
bufford
Beginner

Post by bufford »

Thanks for the info, it also has a metal butt plate and the 2 holes on the left rear side of the reciever for a peep site I believe, is there anyway to find out what company could have finished it such as it is a real beauty, no scratches anywhere on it.
bufford
Beginner

Post by bufford »

Hi again also wondering how to go about posting some pictures of this rifle on here, any help with this?