.22 model 15YN need help

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

jsid6g
Beginner

.22 model 15YN need help

Post by jsid6g »

I have a Model 15 YN as it did get an I.P.B. with it, I order one from a local gun supply house [only one I could find} what they sent me is a I.P.B. for an early model, has a ramp sight on the back for the elevation adjusment, the rear sight I have is adjustable with screws elevation an windage, the Ser. number I have begins with 05 = MFG. in 2005, when did they change to the new type rear sight any help? if you know where I can get a I.P.B. for it let me know, :D
thanks
Bill
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: .22 model 15YN need help

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Bill;

Your Marlin Model 15YN was not made in 2005. It was made in 1995. To have been made in 2005, the first two digits of the serial number would be 95. You subtract the first two digits from 100 to determine the year of manufacture. (i.e. 100 - 05 = 95 or 1995 )
Sounds like your rear sight has been changed at some time as the rear sight used on the Model 15 used an adjustable sliding elevator that fit into a slot in the rear sight.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
jsid6g
Beginner

Post by jsid6g »

thanks for the info SID
jsid6g
Beginner

Post by jsid6g »

the reason I ask is that the man I purchest it from, stated it was new to him an the rear sight is the same as the one on the
Modle 25 MN Marlin I have the IPB for the 25MN