Don Anderson R.I.P.

Membership Questions and Answers

Moderator: Regnier (gunrunner)

Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Don Anderson R.I.P.

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:05 pm

It is my sad duty to inform those interested that Don Anderson as passed away. Don was a Past President of the MFCA and served on the Board of Directors for a number of years. Don was very informative when it came to the Models 1936, 36 and 336. Don and wife Ginny attended many of the Association annual meetings over the years.
He will be missed by many that knew him.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.

jorgy
Marksman 1st Class

Re: Don Anderson R.I.P.

Post by jorgy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:31 pm

I will miss Don a lot. When I first collecting Marlins he was very helpful & encouraging. He give me a lot of his time & advice. When he decided to sell his catalog collection he
gave me a chance to buy many Marlin catalogs in excellent condition. You have my deepest sympathies Ginny. Keith Jorgenson

JohnK
Sharpshooter

Post by JohnK » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:25 pm

My deepest sympathies go out to Don's family. A true Marlin aficionado and great mentor to me.

oodmoff
Marksman

Post by oodmoff » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:09 pm

I just saw this...my belated condolences. I was able to speak with Don several times on the phone and I always came away with more knowledge than before I picked up the phone. A genuine Marlin Scholar, often pointing out some things that never made the book. Every so often I was lucky enough to purchase a few items from him, he would always put something extra along with it that was marlin related. Just the kind of guy he was. He Will be missed.
Thanks
Darin

SteveW
Distinguished Expert

Post by SteveW » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:57 pm

I haven't looked in for several years and just saw this when I was going to put up a complete display of razor blades for sale. I had met Don and was very impressed with his knowledge and what a decent human being he was. Steve
I am really not an expert - distinguished or otherwise!!