Marlin 39a

Anything to do with gun smithing.
sbolling
Beginner

Marlin 39a

Post by sbolling »

I have a 1950 39a that ejects everytime but it usually ejects when I start to close the lever not when I open it. If I open the lever most times the shell is still caught on the extracter but if I touch the shell a little or start to close the lever it pops out and feeds the next shell in. Is there something I can adjust a little to put it in the correct timing. The ejecter and extracter have good spring tension and appear to be in good shape, it seems like if the curved end of the ejecter was bent out just a hair more it would solve the probem but I am afraid it would break if I tried to tweek it. I purchased the AGI video and he talks about it breifly but does not actually show what to do.Thanks
sbolling
Beginner

Re: Marlin 39a

Post by sbolling »

Just for interest, I solved my ejecting problem. My ejecter had a little step (notch) in between the first step and the end of the curved finger. I filed that step so there is just one step and a smooth curve out to the end of the finger. It flips shells out perfectly now no matter how slow I work the lever, Hooray!!