Marlin Model 95, 45-70, (Made in 1903) firing pin

Anything to do with gun smithing.
Denny1942
Beginner

Marlin Model 95, 45-70, (Made in 1903) firing pin

Post by Denny1942 »

Hi guys. I was just given my Grandfathers Mod. 95 45-70 made in 1903. The gun is really in good shape,with even a bit of case hardening left. The problem is that somewhere along the line the firing pin was removed. I could have a new one milled but really want a vintage part if possible. Anyone out there have access to a"parts gun" that has a pin you would like to part with? Actually all I need is the narrow front piece, (it is a two part firing pin according to the gun smith ). We were able to scavange the larger rear part and the spring from another gun. If you have one or know of one out there please contact me, with price and a contact number for you. Thanks! dennisbromley@yahoo.com
Denny1942
Beginner

Re: Marlin Model 95, 45-70, (Made in 1903) firing pin

Post by Denny1942 »

Denny1942 wrote:Hi guys. I was just given my Grandfathers Mod. 1895 45-70 made in 1903. The gun is really in good shape,with even a bit of case hardening left. The problem is that somewhere along the line the firing pin was removed. I could have a new one milled but really want a vintage part if possible. Anyone out there have access to a"parts gun" that has a pin you would like to part with? Actually all I need is the narrow front piece, (it is a two part firing pin according to the gun smith ). We were able to scavange the larger rear part and the spring from another gun. If you have one or know of one out there please contact me, with price and a contact number for you. Thanks! dennisbromley@yahoo.com