Marlin 20 A Magazine tube

Anything to do with gun smithing.
walldog72
Beginner

Marlin 20 A Magazine tube

Post by walldog72 »

I have had this little 20 A, 22cal, for some time....I bought it without the mag tube and have aquired several sets of full length inner and outer tubes with springs and followers etc . The question is ....what pulls the follower and spring up past the loading port in the inner tube?? Do I have the wrong follower or am I missing a part??
Hunt4em
Sharpshooter

Re: Marlin 20 A Magazine tube

Post by Hunt4em »

The model 20 mag tube uses the same design as the 1891,92,97 and early 39 mags. The follower has a pin that is caught in the outer tube. It is very common for the outer tube to be broke out at the end, preventing it from lifting the follower. This topic has been discussed several times on here and you should find the info you need with a little searching. It maybe under any of the models I've listed. If you post some pics of the receiver end of your tube we can determine if it is broken or if your follower is missing the pin.

Good luck, John
walldog72
Beginner

Re: Marlin 20 A Magazine tube

Post by walldog72 »

With the outer tube locked down in its closed position (fore arm wood removed) there is a 1/4" x 1/8" rectangular opening in the outer tube about 1/8" forward of the receiver. I can see the follower through this opening .....No pin though.. I will check with Numrich to see if they have the original follower.......Thanks , Jack