Infallible Bird Dog

Moderator: Moderators

puma guy
Beginner

Infallible Bird Dog

Post by puma guy »

My Dad besides being a veterinarian was very proud of his bird dog. He had occaision to take a friend hunting many years ago and although not his usual nature bragged on his dog never making a false point. After a succesful day of hunting they stopped at one of those old gas station/grocery stores with the Fairmaid Bread logo on the screen door. My dad let his dog out to relieve itself and the dog ran over to the door and went into a classic point. My dad and his friend walked over and on the other side of the door was a gentleman about to exit the store. Collaring his dog and taking a little chiding from his friend my dad waited for the guy to exit before asking him if he had been bird hunting recently. Although he thought it was an odd question the fellow said no. He asked if perhaps he had handle some poultry or perhaps owned a poultry farm. Again with a quizzical look the man replied that he had not and did not. My dad then explained that his dog never behaved like that and thought he'd scented a bird smell from a hunt. My Dad introduced himself and said he was sorry to waste his time. The man replied "I'm Bob White, think nothing of it!"