Marlin bullseye spec's

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

PaulTrickett
Beginner

Marlin bullseye spec's

Post by PaulTrickett »

Having been collecting Marlin's for almost 25 years I have both guns with and without the "Bullseye" trademark. I am an admin on a Marlin FB site and noticed someone commenting that there were 2 different sized bullseye's. That is news to me and I believe they are all the same size but am I wrong? The specs I have on some originals I have on hand are .374" dia and .512" long. Please let me know if there were some of another size. Couldn't find the info in the Brophy book.
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Re: Marlin bullseye spec's

Post by marlinman93 »

The size sounds correct. I also have never hear of two different diameters? As for length, I've never pulled an original out to see what they were? I ordered a bunch from Marlin years ago, and they were plenty long so I cut them in half and used half on each gun I replaced a bullseye on. Think I may still have some, but not sure where?
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
PaulTrickett
Beginner

Re: Marlin bullseye spec's

Post by PaulTrickett »

If you could find one of your old Marlin originals and measure the dia I would love to know. I have looked at some of my older guns and they seem to be smaller than the newer ones I have.