322 scope mount

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Rutgerssmith
Beginner

322 scope mount

Post by Rutgerssmith »

I recently bought a nice 322 it came with a one piece scope base. the rear ring is held in by redfield/leupold style screws from both sides and the front ring is held in with a cross screw that goes thru the mount from right to left. is that a factory mount ? if so who made it and are higher rings avail ?
did the 322s come with a scope mount included ?
Rutgerssmith
Beginner

Re: 322 scope mount

Post by Rutgerssmith »

update a magnifying glass helping out my 60 year old eyes has answered my question in verrrry fine print on the side of the mount is the name Buehler. Ok so higher rings are avail on ebay for a mere 85-120 bucks. The really sad thing its not a Sako base at all just a flat bottom base and some bubba drilled and tapped the receiver dovetails. The wailing and gnashing of teeth could prob be heard well beyond the county in WV i live in ! fortunatly I have a set of the old Redfield drive on bases for a Sako and a set of high rings was 15 w free shipping. The new bases will hide the holes but I will know they are there. If she shoots as well as I hope she does I doubt the coyots will care about the holes so i guess ill learn to live with it.