Cost of replacement parts

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

utvolsfan77
Beginner

Cost of replacement parts

Post by utvolsfan77 »

When I needed replacement parts in the past, I typically ordered from Brownells. Today I placed an order with Numrich for quite a few rimfire parts, and I was amazed at how much lower their parts were. And that was for original manufactured parts to boot!

My point is: if you want to save a bit of money when ordering parts, check multiple sources rather than always ordering from one vendor the way I always did in the past.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Cost of replacement parts

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Utvolsfan77;

There are a number of places to check for parts. Some include eBay, Wisner's ( www.wisnersinc.com), Bob's Parts ( www.gun-parts.com ), Numrich, Brownells and of course there is Gun Broker, Guns International and GunsAmerica. Depending upon the parts needed, there are probably more that can be found via either GOOGLE, ASK, Chrome and DuckDuckGo.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

As long as the parts are indeed "original Marlin parts" from Numrich, then I'd be happy. But my experience with Numrich parts that aren't original has been dismal. The parts they sell for older Marlins out of production are poor quality. Screws that don't fit well and have the wrong head contour. Parts that take huge amount of time reworking to fit into my guns. So unless Numrich clearly states the parts are NOS, I wont buy them unless I have no other option.
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
utvolsfan77
Beginner

Post by utvolsfan77 »

Regnier (gunrunner) & marlinman93,

Thanks for the additional information. Gunrunner, I'll have to check those additional sources for sure. Marlinman93 you make a very good point on original parts.