336 SC

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

cmeyers
Beginner

336 SC

Post by cmeyers »

I recently acquired a 1948 336 SC in .32 win special, Everything that I have researched on it states that the sport carbine comes with a 20 in barrel. It has a 24 inch barrel with the short mag tube.
cmeyers
Beginner

Re: 336 SC

Post by cmeyers »

[quote="cmeyers"]I recently acquired a 1948 336 SC in .32 win special, Everything that I have researched on it states that the sport carbine comes with a 20 in barrel. It has a 24 inch barrel with the short mag tube. Any help on this is appreciated. Thank you
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Cmeyers;

With a 24 inch barrel, it will not be a Sporting Carbine. It is full, fledged Marlin Model 336-A or rifle. The rifle had a 2/3's magazine tube with a 24 inch barrel.
What you may have is a barrel marking mistake if it is marked SC. Someone forgot to change the roll die to mark the barrels and a rifle barrel got an SC marking. We hear about barrel marking mistakes quite often.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
cmeyers
Beginner

Post by cmeyers »

Thank you very much for the help.
cmeyers
Beginner

Post by cmeyers »

I have one more question about this rifle, it has quick detachable swivels on stock and on mag tube. Also has bullseye on stock above sling stud. Thank you for your time.
cmeyers
Beginner

Post by cmeyers »

I have one more question about this rifle, it has quick detachable swivels on stock and on mag tube. Also has bullseye on stock above sling stud. Thank you for your time.