I found this "Marlin No. 18" rifle

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

studiopeg
Beginner

Re: I found this "Marlin No. 18" rifle

Post by studiopeg »

I know... what's happening for me is I am being logged out every 20 seconds. I can't make a post unless I type it, copy it to a clipboard, then say post whereupon it logs me out and wants me to log back in again. Then I log in which takes 2 tries every time, then quickly paste the post and hope I can hit REPLY in enough time before it logs me out again.

I can't change my password. I can't make any changes to my account. It logs me out every time. I have to log back in over and over, and it takes 2 tries every time (I am pasting my password so am not making any typos).

So strange, and so utterly frustrating.

I just type this and will now have to copy it to a clipboard because as soon as I hit post it's gonna log me out....
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

It sounds more like an issue within your computer and not this site. Possibly your security settings, or something to do with an activity timer setting within your programs. If it was the site settings it would be happening to others, and not just you.
I'd check your security settings and make sure this forum is on the preferred list in the security settings.
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
studiopeg
Beginner

Post by studiopeg »

marlinman93 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:46 am It sounds more like an issue within your computer and not this site. Possibly your security settings, or something to do with an activity timer setting within your programs. If it was the site settings it would be happening to others, and not just you.
I'd check your security settings and make sure this forum is on the preferred list in the security settings.
Thanks kindly... it seems to be a Firefox thing. I downloaded Chrome and it works fine in that. Go figure!