changes at Cody

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

marlin 1893
Marksman 1st Class

changes at Cody

Post by marlin 1893 »

gunrunner Just wondering about the changes In the amount of serial number search's
that comes with a membership? your thoughts
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: changes at Cody

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Marlin 1893;

Since I have a copy of the Marlin records, and do not collect the "W" brand guns, I am not a member of the Cody Museum system. I do know others that are, but I have not heard of any changes from the Museum at this time.
Frankly, if the Museum is reducing the number of searches for a member, that is really not a wise thing to do. They will lose members. They obtained the records at no cost to them, so they really should do the right thing. Their only cost is the time a person has to look up a number, which is quite minimal at best, (believe me I know how long it takes to look up a number in the records) and for the price they charge for factory letters, it just would not be right.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
marlin 1893
Marksman 1st Class

Re: changes at Cody

Post by marlin 1893 »

gunrunner; Thanks for your quick reply. A few years ago to in searching for more information on the
history of the Marlin era I decided to further my education and search for as much information on the W
brand and see where you could compare the two companies as they were both in the same business so
I quietly sit in on the WACA site. quite interesting at times. It is my understanding that the number
of searches for the $150.00 fee will drop from 40 to 5 . This brought out a terrible outcry from the W
guys. If I am correct in what has come to light recently is that if you are a member of the WACA you will
receive 20 free search's for the 150.00 package. This is where you come in. I really think that the folks
at Cody should be as fair to the Marlin collectors as the Winchester collectors or any other Collector association
pertaining to fire-arms in which they hold the records for.????????/