No. 32 Standard 1875 engraved

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

45david1
Beginner

No. 32 Standard 1875 engraved

Post by 45david1 »

What is the value of this? I know that's a tough one since the only certain answer is, "what someone is willng to pay for it". I looked online at some of the highend auction sites but none of the past auctions have any pistols in any condition close to mine. The engraving is nice crisp. Zero pitting in the gun with very very minimal flaking on the nickel. All numbers are matching on her as well.
http://s294.photobucket.com/user/hardko ... 3.jpg.html
http://s294.photobucket.com/user/hardko ... 1466077268
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: No. 32 Standard 1875 engraved

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

45David1;

Indeed, your question is difficult to answer. From what I have seen of any of the auction results, many of the Marlin Standard revolvers selling recently apparently are being purchased by uninformed buyers that do not get out to gun shows where real prices can be found. These uninformed buyers are simply looking for investments and do not know the real values. I have collected Marlin pistols for over 35 years, and have never paid the unrealistic prices that are showing up at auctions. I have been offered many guns are far more reasonable prices that I did not buy because they just were not either good enough to add to my collection, or not as good as what I already have.
I purchased THE best 32 Standard of 1875 last year at the Denver Colorado Gun Collectors Show. It is Louis D. Nimschke engraved with some of his best work, checkered mother of pear grips (the ONLY checkered grips on a Standard revolver I have ever seen in all my years of collecting) and full nickel plated. The gun is in unfired condition. Now this is at the nations foremost collectors show, and I paid less than $2,000.00 for it. So, you can go from there.
I hope this helps......
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.