My Marlin's Estimated Value

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

RandyOsb76
Beginner

My Marlin's Estimated Value

Post by RandyOsb76 »

Hello all I knew to this site so please excuse my ignorance on some of these questions of mine. I just recently inherited my great grandfathers 1893 Marlin Rifle and was curious to know more history of the gun and if I were to get some kind of insurance on it as well. All I do know about it is that its a 30-30 with the octagon barrel. I'm not sure on the length of the barrel but I know its in very nice shape. The serial numbers are 168960 and it has Special Smokeless Steel stamped on the side.That's basically all I know about the gun for now. So any help that can be provided would be helpful. I do have a bunch of pictures I could post as well or email to someone if that would help more.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: My Marlin's Estimated Value

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

RandyOsb76;

The factory record for your rifle is blank, no information was listed for that serial number. But, there are a few serial numbers in the area that are filled in, and they appear to pretty much be standard rifles, shipped sometime in 1898. I would guess that your rifle is the same, standard style rifle that has a 26 inch octagon barrel in .30-30 caliber as you stated.
If you can post the pictures, that will help determine if it still has the original style sights, etc.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.