model #27

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Sure-Shot
Distinguished Expert

Post by Sure-Shot »

The two in the tang are for a tang sight not sure about the ones on the top. MM?
GBOT, GBUSA

Post by Guest »

The two plugged holes on the top of the receiver are for the LL Hepburn receiver sight. These are getting a little expensive. Scope? No. Not unless you D&T for it, and please don't tell me if you do that! :shock: SW
SteveW
Distinguished Expert

Post by SteveW »

I got so rattled about some 'bubba' D&Ting a plumb nice 27S, I forgot to log in! SW
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

Yep, the top receiver holes are for the Hepburn sight, and if you want one, they go about $300 when you can find one. Repros were selling at LARC for $175, but I think he may have sold out. I'd go for the tang sight anyway, as they can be purchased for less than a repro Hepburn, and they work better.
I've got one of those little 27S's in .32-20 also. I'm not really into the Marlin pumps, but I've had this old one for too many years to ever sell it. It is a superb shooter, and a fun gun too.
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
Skiludd
Beginner

Re: model #27

Post by Skiludd »

Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of the manual for the Marlin 27s? I am trying to install the magazine tube assembly correctly and not sure how. Also how to disassemble this rifle. Skiludd@aol.com
Ski
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: model #27

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Ski;

About your best bet for instructions you are looking for is in the Marlin catalogs of the time that the Model 27 was available. The earlier the better say from 1909 to 1916. Original catalogs are somewhat hard to find, but Cornell Publishing has reprints available at a reasonable cost.
There is a LINK available to Cornell on our LINKS page.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.