Banned from Marlinowners.com ???

Other discussions not necessarily relating to guns

Moderator: Moderators

JohnK
Sharpshooter

Banned from Marlinowners.com ???

Post by JohnK »

I've never given it much thought of seeing people stop posting for an extended length of time on some of the Marlin, Leveraction or other firearms forums, but I now have first hand experience of either being banned or totally ignored on Marlinowners.com website.

For the last 2 months I've attempted to email, the owners and the moderators, or at least PM'ing them asking if I am banned or if there are technical problems that I was not aware that I may be having with my computer and have received NOTHING. No responses whatsoever, from anyone at Marlinowners.com

I am getting error messages and messages that say "Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum! Dishonesty" I thought it might have been my IP number, so I took my laptop to work and tried to log on. The IP was banned! Very frustrating to see that a Full Time Fire Dept. was banned from a website.

For those who are also having problems or getting messages of being banned, without an explanation here at Marlin-Collectors.com, please don't hesitate in asking for help. I for one, am willing to get problems solved or at least get you some answers.

If anyone has had experiences of this type, I would like to hear your feedback and if you were able to get your situation resolved.

Thanks!

:shock: :?
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Banned from Marlinowners.com ???

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

JohnK;

I do not know what their problem is, but you are always welcome here. They banned one of our more prominent members that lives in Wisconsin too. So, you are not alone in that respect....and certainly not alone as a member in good standing here!
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
JohnK
Sharpshooter

Post by JohnK »

Thanks Rick,

I appreciate knowing that. It' just has me perplexed as to some people's decision making abilities. Oh well... Life goes on :D
Jeff Smith
Beginner

Post by Jeff Smith »

Ok, I'm an FNG here, but I may be able to shed some light on you not being able to access the site.
I'm ex Army & live beside th 2nd largest Military base in Canada, quite a few guys can't access my web site from work, the reason being Federal Gov't servers block certain levels of access ( I'm sure our U.S Brothers have the same experience). the troops can view my page but not bid on any of the items, they have the same problem with e-bay for example. I have had all kinds of feed back from the troops & the guys at the local Nuke power plant & all have the same problem, one Sig's type explained to me that Federal firewalls are set to prevent Gov't users access to certain types of sites "during working hours" as this prevents the troops from "playing on Army time" that made sense to me, since when there wasn't much to do, real important things like painting rocks & picking up cigarette butts is a priority.... I would try accessing from a home based PC and not on the Gov'ts "dime" to prove this theory.

Regards,

Jeff
Dick Stepper
Beginner

Post by Dick Stepper »

Being ex-Military myself (E-8) I think I know what FNG might mean. Fresh New Guy, right? Your problem is not unique, a good friend who collects LC Smiths and is a fully paid up annual member has the same IP problem, whether from PC or his laptop, and their people get get it "De-Bugged". I enjoyed your "paint the rocks" scenario too!! Good luck
Wonder if W. Somerset Maughman shaved with an Occam's Razor??
JohnK
Sharpshooter

Post by JohnK »

It's not the IP number or anything similar to that. It's the person who controls the website. He doesn't like me. Plain and simple. I have crossed his path or threatened his existence someway somehow that he refuses to explain to me. I can get access from home, but am just banned from the forums. No big deal though. All bulletin boards are limited on security and if I really wanted to, I know I can access the forums again.
lefthandshooter
Beginner

Post by lefthandshooter »

My issue is I keep getting an error message that it can not find the page. Is the site still up or has it moved to a different website address?
Guess I could just google search it.
Serving Christ through Christ-like Living!
JohnK
Sharpshooter

Post by JohnK »

I tried Google search and found that Graybeard and Marlinowners are both down. I'm sure they will be back up soon.