marlin darley handcuffs

Other discussions not necessarily relating to guns

Moderator: Moderators

DEERSLAYER11
Beginner

marlin darley handcuffs

Post by DEERSLAYER11 »

hi i'm looking for a keypost for the marlin darley handcuffs or a set of the locks for the bottlenecks, thanks, LK :!:
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: marlin darley handcuffs

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

LK;

If you are looking for a key, some reproductions show up on eBay from time to time. They usually sell for less than $20.00.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
DEERSLAYER11
Beginner

Post by DEERSLAYER11 »

thanks gunrunner, but i need more then the key am in need of parts or the whole lockset's for the marlin/darly bottleneck handcuffs patent 1879 do you think i should post this in anoughter section of the forum? :roll:
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Deerslayer11;

It really does not matter where you have your post. I think it will be a real problem finding parts for your handcuffs. You might want to GOOGLE Marlin-Daley Handcuffs to see what you can find. I found a couple of websites devoted to "restraints" about a year ago, and they were very interesting. You might want to find some of these sites, then email them to see what the possiblility of finding the parts you want really is. They might be able to send you in the right direction or have some parts available.
Good luck........

DEERSLAYER11
Beginner

Post by DEERSLAYER11 »

thanks again gunnrunner,i visit handcuffs.org forum almost daily as i also collect antique/vintage restraints another guy their is the one in need of whole locksets for his marlin darlys and i need just one keypost ,thought i'd post it here.i realize they are hard to come by,and most people who would have parts don't really want to give um up for that reason. i'v been to the marlin site but found no email address,but did find their phone number's, guess i 'll have to give them a call .i ask about the post in other section's because i thought it might reach more of the members. i went to the buy & sell (WANTED) SECTION and saw mention of S&W and other brands of gun's ,i own several different brands only one marlin /limited edtion great americian game series 22 auto rifle,but other brands of rifles, pistols,shot guns,ect.is it ok to speak of the other brands or is it fround upon,is everyone ok with that, or is the threads to be kept to MARLIN'S :?:
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Deerslayer11;

If you do not mind a little kidding about owning things other than a Marlin, it is quite okay to post something about another brand of firearm.
The current Marlin Company will not have any parts for the Marlin-Daley handcuffs. The last time Marlin advertised them was in the 1915/1916 catalog. They made the handcuffs from 1885 to 1888, then advertised them again from 1911 to 1915.
The first cuffs only had the chain link connector style available. In 1911, then added the swivel style connector to the chain link style.

cuffs
Beginner

Post by cuffs »

Well the first marlin firearm bottleneck handcuff was made in 1879 there are large and small bottleneck models all with 3 small round links Then in 1910 they made another one with a really unique swivel for a chain most of these models were bought for the canadian military.I do have alot of marlin handcuff parts if you know what you need let me know and i will see what i can do for you ,,,or ...If you want to sell any of your handcuffs let me know ..they dont have to be marlins ..just old ..thanks