MARLIN FIREARMS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION 2-BLADE POCKET KNIFE

Other discussions not necessarily relating to guns

Moderator: Moderators

3805KDK
Beginner

MARLIN FIREARMS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION 2-BLADE POCKET KNIFE

Post by 3805KDK »

Good afternoon all, Being a fairly new member, I don't have much experience in posting. So here goes. I recently came upon a 2- Blade Pocket Knife made by MARBLES for the Marlin Firearms Collectors Association. The Knife measures about 4 and 1/8" Closed, and 7 and 1/2" Open to the First Blade. The Knife does have a 3-Digit Number Engraved in the Blade that has the Horse and Rider Emblem on it. The Second Blade has Marlin Firearms Collectors Association Inscribed on it. The Handles are Jigged Bone with 3- Rivets. The Upper Handle as I will Call it has a Bullseye on it White Outline with a Black Dot Center. The Knife came with in a Orange and White Typical MARBLES OUTDOORS Box. Can anyone Provide any Information, and possibly a Value on My Knife, I would Appreciate it. Also what are the Vintage CAMILLUS MARLIN LOCKBACK POCKET KNIFE 2.5" 887MF Knives Value. I also have a few of those as well New in Box with the Care of Your Knife Papers.
Thank You.
re-tool-81
Beginner

Re: MARLIN FIREARMS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION 2-BLADE POCKET KNIFE

Post by re-tool-81 »

Your 2 blade knife is called a Trapper, year of production was 2004, quantity made was 300, each has a serial number (the first ones were on the blade --to about 100--and the rest were on the bolster, they sold for $75.00. I would like to know the serial number? The Camillus knife #887mf came in two styles---nickel-silver medallion & bolsters, years 1996 to 1998 and brass medallion & bolsters in 1999. I do not know the quantity made of either of them. They sold for $26.40 in 1996 and for $31.00 in 1999. I do not know what they are going for at this time. Hope this helps a little, Tom
3805KDK
Beginner

Post by 3805KDK »

Hi re-tool-81, I was on site this morning and looking at some of the old posts. I can't believe it has been 6 years since I posted about this knife. I now have 3 of them. Numbers being #037, #082, and #229. All 3 are new in the box, with a sticker on 1 end with knife number and Marlin Firearms Collectors Knife. Also they are in a small plastic bag. I know nothing about their value or anything. If anyone sees my reply please feel free to jump in and let me know your opinions. I am in possession of many Marlin Firearms Knives in which I would like to sell in the near future. I have a lot of the 886's and the 887's. Also quite a few of the fixed blade knives. Happy Holidays Everyone
Road King
Expert

Post by Road King »

I migh be interested in some of your knives if you can send me some photos to
bwatson0568@rogers.com
Road King
" More guns then I need, but not as many as I want."
palabra
Pro-Marksman

Post by palabra »

I collect Marlin single blade advertising knives. They have a rifle image and model number and sometimes have dates and patents stamped on them. Do you, or any MFCA members
have any of these? Thanks, Jerry in FL
3805KDK
Beginner

Post by 3805KDK »

Palabra, I do have several of those knives. I wouldn't know where to price them at. I have never sold any of my Marlin Knives. My age is telling me that it is time to get rid of some or all of my collection. I would have to get the advertising knives out and see just what I have. If you want to provide me your email, perhaps I could take photos and send them to you.
Thank yoy
palabra
Pro-Marksman

Post by palabra »

sure, just send me some pics. I can give you an idea what you have and make you an offer if you wish. send pics to jerrypklinger@gmail.com. regards, Jerry in FL
3805KDK
Beginner

Post by 3805KDK »

Ok Jerry, please allow me some time to get them together. I have alot going on with the holidays