Belt Buckles

Other discussions not necessarily relating to guns

Moderator: Moderators

Mr fixit
Beginner

Belt Buckles

Post by Mr fixit »

Armed with Brophys' book I posted this in regards to someone else posting about Marlin belt buckles over at MarlinOwners.com:

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/gener ... uckle.html

Actually that belt buckle is not produced or endorsed by Marlin. Nice buckle none the less. Mr fixit
Taken from Brophys' book on Marlin:

Belt Buckles and Paperweights
Buckles. Marlin never authorized a commercial company to manufacture and sell a Marlin belt buckle. However, the company did authorize The Marlin Firearms Collectors Association, Ltd,- a non profit organization- to have manufactured and to sell two different variations of belt buckles.

The first type was a 2 1/2-in. diameter solid pewter buckle having The Marlin Firearms Co.- Since 1870 Marlin in a circle around the Marlin "Danger ahead" horse and rider logo.

The second type was a rectangular solid bronze buckle. It is 2" x 3" and accommodates belts up to 1 3/4 inches in width. This buckle also has the horse and rider logo centrally located over the Marlin Firearms Company name. The sculptor was the world-famous artist Joseph Di Lorenzo.

A total of 827 of the first type were manufactured and sold by the association. A total of 500 of the second type were struck. A special run of 103 solid sterling silver buckles of the second type were also produced.

They were sold only to Marlin employees and the members of the association.

This is the buckle in question, does anyone here know anything about it? Thanks, Mr fixit
Road King
Expert

Re: Belt Buckles

Post by Road King »

Road King
" More guns then I need, but not as many as I want."
Mr fixit
Beginner

Post by Mr fixit »

Appreciate the reply, link and info Road King!! Thanks, I'll post a link back at MarlinOwners. Mr fixit
re-tool-81
Beginner

Post by re-tool-81 »

mr.fixit, The belt buckle that you picture ( Cowboy Shooter ) was sold by the Marlin Firearms Co. staring in 1996. Their name and copyright are on the back of the buckle. The Marlin Firearms Collectors Association sold them from 1997 through 2007. The buckle sold for $12.00. Tom