wooden 100 year advert piece-1970

Other discussions not necessarily relating to guns

Moderator: Moderators

chucknemy
Beginner

wooden 100 year advert piece-1970

Post by chucknemy »

I have this burl wood 100 year ad piece which I presume was given to dealers in 1970-I would like to find out the value of it-I would include pics but dont know how to put them on.The piece weighs about 10 lbs-
Thanks
Chuck
dickaye
Marksman

Re: wooden 100 year advert piece-1970

Post by dickaye »

Chuck,
I'm sitting here looking at "Marlin Firearms" by Brophy. If you have that book it could be a place to start, other than a picture since we have no idea what you have. Anyway, on page 525 there is a picture and description of a counter pad made of a plastic material "looking like burled wood" commemorating "100 YEARS OF AMERICAN GUNMAKING." It says that few have survived intact. There's a Marlin medallion in the center 1870-1970 and it has "Rifles" on the left and "Shotguns" on the right. If this is it someone may have an idea of its value.
Dickaye
chucknemy
Beginner

Re: wooden 100 year advert piece-1970

Post by chucknemy »

The one I have is a real wooden burl.It has Marlin across the top then down a bit on the left it has a horse and rider on the right it says since 1870 and right in the middle it has a rifle.I wish I knew how to put pics up but I am not very computer savvy.I would sure like to know just what it is.
Thanks
Chuck