Old Marlin keychain?

Other discussions not necessarily relating to guns

Moderator: Moderators

mphunt
Beginner

Old Marlin keychain?

Post by mphunt »

Hello,
I have an old Marlin keychain that I am trying to find out the value of. I certainly haven't had any luck locally. The gun on the chain is approx. 2 1/8" long. On the front side on the stock, it says Marlin REPEATERS THE GUN FOR MAN WHO KNOWS. On the back side it says The Marlin Firearms Co., NEW HAVEN, CONN. Any ideas on what this might be worth, or who I could contact to find out?
Thank you.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Old Marlin keychain?

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

MPHunt;

The Marlin keychain you describe came out around 1905. Originally, the keychain was nickel plated brass and there are two styles. One is like yours with Marlin Firearms Company marking, and the other has Marlin Firearms Corporation. These later keychains would have been made between 1921 and 1924. There are also a couple of different styles of locking mechanisms and chains found on these keychains. Both styles of keychains are rare items, seldom seen on the market (the Corporation marked keychain is the most rare) The keychain represents a Marlin, "C" grade, exposed hammer, pump action shotgun buttstock and receiver.
Depending upon the overall condition, these tend to sell for between $175.00 and $250.00 for the Company marked keychains. Corporation marked keychains will bring a priemum when they are found, especially to collectors that want an example of both styles.
I hope this helps.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
mphunt
Beginner

Post by mphunt »

Thank you, Gunrunner
Avery
Beginner

Post by Avery »

I thought it would be nice if we organize some museum for the Marlin guns. They deserve it, right.
So let's decide where we should open it. Which city to choose? And what about glass cases and exhibition?
________
edit picture