MARLIN MODEL 39- SERIAL #2973-MAKE OFFER

daves39
Beginner

MARLIN MODEL 39- SERIAL #2973-MAKE OFFER

Post by daves39 »

I inherited a Marlin model 39 several years ago. Its been in the family since new. It is time to find it a new owner. I had this beauty inspected, rated and appraised by a Marlin aficionado. After his inspection he stated that the case color is in "superior condition" and that the rest of the rifle based on NRA antique firearms condition standards is "Fine".

This model 39 has a very low 4 digit serial number (2973) with no letter prefix. Given its low serial number, I would estimate that it was probably made in 1922, the first year this model was produced. The Marlin book by Brophy indicates that the lowest known serial number for a model 39 is 1002.

My gun retains the ivory piece on its front sight (most seen have been broken off) making this gun unusually nice. It also retains the original butt plate. If you are a serious Marlin collector you should consider this beautiful example as an addition to your collection. A chance to own a Marlin 39 like this one comes around very rarely. I am open to reasonable offers.

Pictures available upon request.

Dennis
303-968-6760

Last bumped by daves39 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:27 pm.