Model 94

rrumba
Beginner

Model 94

Post by rrumba »

I am about to pull the trigger on the purchase of a model 94 but was looking to see if i might be able to get some history on it first.

It says model 94, 25-20, the serial number is by the foregrip, has an octagon barrel, 435xxx is the serial number and appears to be in good condition. How can i find out more about the rifle like history, year of manuf, value etc?

Appreciate any help you can offer
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Model 94

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Rrumba;

A Marlin Model '94 with a serial number in the 435,000 range is to high for the existing records, so there no real history available for this rifle. About the only thing we can determine is that it would have been made in late 1912 or early 1913 by that serial number range.
As to value, just saying it is in good condition does not really tell us much. Condition of the remaining original factory finish on the wood and metal determines the overall value, along with any special features it may have. Original sights affect value as well. There are just a number of factors affecting value that it is not possible to give an accurate estimation of value at this time. Your best bet to check some of the internet gun auction sites to see what a gun in similar configuration and condition actually sells for.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
rrumba
Beginner

Post by rrumba »

thanks for the information. I do have some pics of the gun i can post if i can figure it out. is there a way to pm you?
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Rrumba;

Go to the "No Longer Guest Questions" section of this board, scroll down through the post to one titled "Old Marlin in New Zealand".
Scroll down through the posts to one by Road King that gives all the instructions on posting pictures.
You are a new member, and until you have a certain number of posts, the "Contact" ability is not available to you. It is to prevent "Scammers" from using the board to send out unwanted email. We try to keep the board clean from scammers, but a few get through for a little while. That is why you must have a few approved posts before you can contact another member.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
rrumba
Beginner

Post by rrumba »

Pictures, hopefully this will help. Gun runner, of you could send me a pm I have a question just to ensure I am not making am overlooked simplistic mistake.