1895 Marlin (flat bolt) parts needed

dodgedh2
Pro-Marksman

1895 Marlin (flat bolt) parts needed

Post by dodgedh2 »

Been a while since I posted. I need a bolt assembly for my early 1895 Marlin (flat bolt). Anyone out there have any leads? I'm also looking for a butt stock for an early 1895 deluxe rifle (pistol grip). Any help would be appreciated.
dodgedh2
Pro-Marksman

Re: 1895 Marlin (flat bolt) parts needed

Post by dodgedh2 »

OK, FINALLY found a bolt. Now I'm looking for a front firing pin for the early 1895 Marlin. Can anyone help me with this new search?
Brent
Sharpshooter

Post by Brent »

It would be easier to make one of those rather than find one.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Dodgedh2;

Wisner's ( www.wisnersinc.com. ) show a front firing pin for the Model 1895. Price listed is $20.00.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
Brent
Sharpshooter

Post by Brent »

Are the modern 95 and the square bolt 95 different with respect to firing pins? I thought they were. If not, then you can buy one just about anyplace from ebay and gunbroker to Wisners, but "real" 95 parts, where different from 93s and 94s, are pretty hard to find in my experience.

One good source, however, is the guy who specializes in making Marlin screws. He had a few 95 parts to sell back when I was rehabbing my old '95.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

The parts that Wisner's offers are for old Marlins. They have firing pins for most early Marlins from 1881 to 1936 and others.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
dodgedh2
Pro-Marksman

Post by dodgedh2 »

Thanks guys. I called Wisner's and they indeed did have the front firing pin for the early 1895's. It took me several years to finally find a bolt. I had an extra rear firing pin, and 1895 bolt pins. Now I have a front firing pin on the way! I just have to buy a firing pin spring (readily available) and I'll have a complete bolt assesmbly. I now have an original 1895 Oct. Barrel rifle, a carbine, and this completes the special light-weight action that I had been gathering parts for. All I have to do now is create some extra time......