7 Marlin Lever Actions

Ryan.Gleason
Beginner

7 Marlin Lever Actions

Post by Ryan.Gleason »

Hello,

My aunt has 7 marlin rifles that she wants to sell which were her deceased husband's. I am trying to figure out good sale values on the guns and any help would be appreciated. 6 of the guns were all bought together, have gold triggers, and I was told were bought as a set. However, I cannot find any other unique identifiers on the rifles other than that. The 7th rifle, I was told, was not part of the set and does not have a gold trigger. The rifles are all lever actions. All serial numbers are in the 20xxxxxx- 23xxxxxx serial number range which I think means they were all made between 1977-1980. All the rifles seemed to have been used as hunting rifles at some point. Condition of the rifles seems to be good albeit most need to be cleaned, and I can see slight rust in a few of the barrels. List of the rifles is below:

The below six rifles were said to be part of a "set"
Model Caliber
1894 357mag
1894 44mag
39A 22Lr
375 375 WIN
336 30-30
336 35Rem

The below rifle was said to not be part of the set:
Model Caliber
1895 45-70

Assuming good/workable condition what is a good price for each rifle? Are the 6 rifles actually part of a "set", and are they worth more together as a set then if sold separately?

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Ryan
greenhorn
Beginner

Re: 7 Marlin Lever Actions

Post by greenhorn »

Ryan,
I cant really see any additional value in the "set". What you have is basically all the modern lever rifles made by Marlin. Value would depend on condition...a good way to check value is to do a search on gunbroker of completed auctions and find ones similar to the conditions yours are in. The 375 is a pretty rare and sought after rifle but only brings a few hundred more that the others on average. The fact that they all are pre CBS or cross bolt safety is a positive for many buyers. Sorry about your uncle and good luck with the sales. One more thing, if you do decide to sell you can also check out places like MarlinOwners.com and list them there for free or here as well...its nice when guns can go to folks who truely appreciate them.
bounty hunter
Beginner

Post by bounty hunter »

Are any of these guns still for sale? I might be interested in the 35rem.
Ryan.Gleason
Beginner

Post by Ryan.Gleason »

I decided to keep 3 of the rifles, and have sold three others. Currently the .375 Winchester is still for sale. If you are interested then please let me know.

Ryan