Marlin Trap Gun

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
ibadrat

Marlin Trap Gun

Post by ibadrat »

I was given an old Marlin 12 ga pump shotgun. It say Marlin Trap Gun on the Tang, can anyone give me more info.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Marlin Trap Gun

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Ibadrat;

You have the straight grip version of the Marlin Model 24 exposed hammer pump shotgun. The main difference is that the Marlin Trap Gun had checkered Circassian walnut stocks and a Special Smokeless Steel barrel. The standard Model 24 had a cold rolled steel barrel ("A" grade) and a standard walnut pistol grip stock.
The Marlin Trap Gun was listed in the catalogs from 1909 to 1913. They originally sold for $38.00. Most guns made after 1911 had a full matted barrel. Barrels were either 26, 28, 30 or 32 inches long, choked as desired. The choke marking will be next to the barrel serial number.
The Marlin Trap Gun is a takedown action of the 2nd type and a "Hang Fire" release of the first type.
The Marlin Trap Gun is not that common a gun. They were a little on the expensive side compared to the standard "A" grade guns. For a little more money, you could get a Model 24 "C" grade gun, and order a straight grip stock if that was what was desired.
I hope this helps.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:52 am.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.