1970 100th Anniversary Commemorative Set

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
Jerry S

1970 100th Anniversary Commemorative Set

Post by Jerry S »

I have just inherited a 1970 limited edition commemorative set of MArlin Firearms complete with case and all. There are two rifles in the case, never fired and virtually never touched by human hands. There is a model 339 22 cal. rifle and a model 336 30-30; both lever action. I was wondering if someone could inform me as to the approximate value of the set? It was set 932 of 1000 and purchased in 1970. Any help on establishing a value would be appreciated. Thanks. :D
glock2240
Beginner

Re: 1970 100th Anniversary Commemorative Set

Post by glock2240 »

I was looking at Cablea's Gun Library a few minutes ago and saw a 100th Anniversary Commemorative Set that is in new condition. They have a price of $3000 on their's, so probably $2000 would be in the ballpark reallisticly.

Tim
"I hate rude behaviour in a man....I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Tommy Lee Jones) in "Lonesome Dove"
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Jerry S;

If you have not taken the guns out of the case, you may want to do so. The lining in those cases had a habit of deteriorating and affecting the finish on the guns. Many of those "Brace of 1,000" sets will be found with slight rust pitting caused by the lining.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
fairchase
Beginner

Post by fairchase »

If you are interested in selling the set, send me a PM w/pix and a price. Thanks

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:51 am.