OLD 36=22-S-L-LR

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
kalifornia

OLD 36=22-S-L-LR

Post by kalifornia »

I'm looking for a scope and the original mounts to it which the gun has the 4 screw holes in-line directly
on top and the clip...anybody?
kalifornia

Re: OLD 36=22-S-L-LR

Post by kalifornia »

How often does the firing pin on this model get worn out? I've had this a while and need to get it fixed but everyone says it will happen again....and again...Is there
a permanent fix? It's such a smooth shot when it does fire I'd hate to just watch it whither away...
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: OLD 36=22-S-L-LR

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Kalifornia;

The only Marlin Model 36 in .22 caliber I know of is a single shot, pump action rifle that was never a production item. It was an experimental rifle that never made it into production because of costs.
So, what is it that you have, a bolt action rifle or a semi-automatic rifle or a lever action rifle? Marlin made a couple of high power Model 36's. One between 1941 and 1948, then the Model 36-G between 1964 and 1965.
I think you must have the model number wrong, or it must be one of the guns manufactured for a private brand company. Marlin did make a gun for Sears, Roebuck and Company that was a Ranger, Model 36 under the Sears brand. It is the same gun as the Marlin Model 80 for which parts should be available from Numrich Gun Parts Corporation (www.e-gunparts.com) If it is marked Ranger, then it would have been made sometime prior to WW II.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.