Model 1893

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --

Model 1893

Post by guest »

Just bought an marlin 1893 .30-.30 Trying to figure out an appoximate date of manufacture for it. The serial number is 369056 the barrel is 26in octagon and is stamped smokeless steal. Hope someone can help. Thanks :D
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Model 1893

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

To our Guest;

A Marlin with a serial number in the 369,000 range can only be estimated as to the date of manufacture as no serial number records exist past 355,500 in December of 1906. Your gun most likely made sometime in 1907 or early 1908.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.

Post by guest »

Thanks For your help! Do you have any idea on value for insurance purposes? I have some pics of it but i can't upload them. Thanks Again!
Road King
Expert

Post by Road King »

guest wrote:Thanks For your help! Do you have any idea on value for insurance purposes? I have some pics of it but i can't upload them. Thanks Again!
If you would like to send me the photos I can upload them for you. My e-mail address is bwatson0568@rogers.com
Road King
" More guns then I need, but not as many as I want."
Road King
Expert

Post by Road King »

guest wrote:Thanks For your help! Do you have any idea on value for insurance purposes? I have some pics of it but i can't upload them. Thanks Again!
Here are the photos that were sent to me to post.

Road King
" More guns then I need, but not as many as I want."
Wishbone
Marksman 1st Class

Post by Wishbone »

Your rifle looks to have been refinished at some point. Refinished Model 1893's usually fall into the $500 - $600 neighborhood on a good day in my neck of the woods.

WB
MARLIN - THE GUN FOR THE MAN WHO KNOWS