Need help with a few Values -1894 CBC, 1897 Texan, 336 38-55

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --

Need help with a few Values -1894 CBC, 1897 Texan, 336 38-55

Post by Guest »

Hello Marlin Experts,

New user here. FWIW, I posted this same question on another Marlin Forum and was referred here by another member. I am seeking your help to determine the value of 3 Marlins that I currently own and may be forced to sell, along with a myriad of other rifles. I am having a difficult time with the idea of parting with them, but I may not have any real options at this time.

The first gun is a 2002 1894 Cowboy Competition rifle, chambered in .38. This is the case hardened steel version that is NOT .357 compatible. It has been used, but it is excellent condition and very well cared for. It has a Marbles Tang sight that used the original screw holes, so no drilling or tapping of the receiver was done. I have heard these are quite rare and I am looking for a reasonable starting price, as well as the best source for selling it.

The second rifle is a NIB 1897 TEXAN in .22LR. Never fired, it has a Williams Peep Mounted, again using existing holes. No mods to the receiver were made. I heard these are somewhat rare as well.

Finally, I have a lightly used, excellent condition 336 chambered in 38-55 with a Williams Peep and Fiber Optice front sight. Not as rare, but still looking for a reasonable value on this one as well.

I am not 100% sure I want to sell any of these guns, but a friend of mine recommended this site as a source of good information to find out the real values. If I decide to sell, is GunBroker my best source?

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.