1976 Marlin 336

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
1Gopher

1976 Marlin 336

Post by 1Gopher »

I recently bought a 1976 Marlin 336, 30-30. It strikes me as odd because the metal is not blued, it actually reminds me of the M-16's we were issued in the Marines back in 1980, because it is OD Green in color! It has a Gold trigger and whoever had it before me grinded the Lever to where it looks like stainless steel now. Can anyone tell me anything about this gun? I was just curious mostly because of the OD Green color, all the others I have seen are blued or chrome/stainless steel in color! I took pictures but now I can't find my cable to download them to the computer! I will keep searching for the cable so I can post the pictures. Thanks in Advance for any and all help!
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: 1976 Marlin 336

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

1Gopher;

A custome job to be sure. The OD color job is not factory. Maybe something from the "AMERICAN GUNS" program, they like to do color on guns.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
1Gopher

Re: 1976 Marlin 336

Post by 1Gopher »

OK, appreciate it. I will check into that and see what I can come up with. I paid $150 for it and it looked like it had not been cleaned since 1976! Took alot of cleaning but it is starting to look better, I need to find another lever for it. Again, I appreciate the info!