Marlin 22 cal single shot

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
darrellkbulldog
Beginner

Marlin 22 cal single shot

Post by darrellkbulldog »

Hello friends..Havent been on here for a while.I just started to collect OLD Marlin rifles,and I just acquired one that I am unable to date.Its a MARIN FIREARMS CORPORATION New Haven Conn. USA Patented .No Patent Date...No Model No. and no serial number.and its a 22 cal single shot,short long long rifle. The steel but plate,turns to open for storage in the stock.Can you help me?...Thanks.....BUD cat645@windstream.net
darrellkbulldog
Beginner

Re: Marlin 22 cal single shot

Post by darrellkbulldog »

I sure would appreciate some help with my Marlin 22 single shot...but guess you guys are too busy to help an old codger,who loves old Marlins..I also own an 1892 22 cal in shooting condition and a Model 1936 32spl. I date checked the 1892,and its a 1902. But I cannot find anything on the 22 single shot,as it has no model number or a patent date
Bear 45/70
Marksman 1st Class

Post by Bear 45/70 »

Pictures
Bear 45/70

"My pistol and my rifle are merely the tools, I am the weapon."
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Darrellbulldog;

Bear 45/70 is right, there are several different Marlin, bolt action single shot rifles that your gun COULD be. Pictures would help identify which one you have. Without pictures, we can only guess, and that is not helpful to someone that wants the correct answer.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.