Marlin mod A1 ejector pin

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
Busdriver

Marlin mod A1 ejector pin

Post by Busdriver »

Guys need help with Marlin model A1 ejector pin . The part is missing and I am unable to locate one . If anyone can show me one and describe where and how it fits in relationship to the bolt and receiver I will fabricate one . Thanks in advance Busdriver
tigweld
Marksman

Re: Marlin mod A1 ejector pin

Post by tigweld »

Busdriver,
I will get some photos and dimensions for you ASAP. Will post them in the next few days.

Tigweld
"Let there be Welders,to attach metal things to other metal things"
tigweld
Marksman

Post by tigweld »

Busdriver,
As promised here are some dimensions/photos of the A1 ejector pin. The ejector is .071 of an inch in diameter,3/8 of an inch long approx. and lives in the receiver at a length of 1/4 of an inch. You can see the ejector pin in this group of photos.
(http://www.pbase.com/tigweld/a1_ejector_pin) Thought you could best see how everything lives in postion with this A1 receiver ,which I have the barrel off in the process of refinishing. (The A1 I'm building from spare parts).

p.s. Was also missing the ejector pin on an A1 I picked up. I used the shank off a #49 Number Drill which measures .0715 of an inch diameter and cut to the length needed. Have problems, I'll try to help.

Click on any photo for the closeup view.
tigweld
Marksman

Post by tigweld »

Added another closeup of the end of the ejector pin. Note the small bevel/angle on the ejector.
Busdriver

Post by Busdriver »

Tigweld, Your The Man ! Thank you very much for your time , effort and information . I will let you know how it works out .
Thank you very much and best regards ...Tim :D :D