Marlin 1892 32 Rimfire

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
Mbleyhl

Marlin 1892 32 Rimfire

Post by Mbleyhl »

Hello,

I just recently purchased a Marlin 1892 rifle in 32RF. I have always wanted a Marlin of this vintage but could never afford one. Well I paid $350 for this one as it has seen better days but I am hoping to restore it to firing order. I have a date of Manufacture letter coming from Cody but I believe the gun is probably 1903ish.
Currently the gun is missing the Carrier rocker and the mag spring and follower. The problem I am having is I can not find and assembly/dissassembly instructions. I have ordered the parts I need but have know idea how the magazine spring and follower go into the gun. Also I saw a picture of what was labled an 1892 32RF and in the reciever there was a cartridge cut off inset into the reciever my gun does not have that nor does it have a recess cut for it.
I really want to bring this gun back to a shootable condition and give it to my dad for Fathers day. I can some pictures if that will help. Any info would be very appreciated.

Michael
MBleyhl

Re: Marlin 1892 32 Rimfire

Post by MBleyhl »

I figured out the mag tube issue with the spring and follower, it was staring me right in the face all along. Good gunsmithing = good observation. Now I just have to weight for some parts and I'll see if she functions like she did in 1895.

Michael