Marlin model 50 OPen bolt

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --

Marlin model 50 OPen bolt

Post by Guest »

I have been looking for one for a while and was wondering what the value of one in decent condition would run. I found this one and want to know it is a decent deal.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =280571481
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Marlin model 50 OPen bolt

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

I know some of them have sold for over $400.00, so this may be okay. Better ask questions first, like has the stock been refinished and is it the original blue. The stock is cracked, so are you okay with that if you can have it repaired in a professional manner? Certainly, if it gets much higher, with the cost of shipping and stock repair, it may no longer be a good deal.
Good luck.......
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
tigweld
Marksman

Post by tigweld »

I certainly agree with Regnier,ask questions .... I see one plus going for it right off,it does have Marlin 50 magazine.
Have seen Model 50's offered many times minus the magazine. Trying to find an original magazine is almost next to impossible. From the photos the sights look to be correct,the saftey lever and its button are present. Could not tell if the manual extractor was present. Price ?? just think,I watched a magazine alone, go for well over $100 one time. :/
"Let there be Welders,to attach metal things to other metal things"
tigweld
Marksman

Post by tigweld »

For a little bit of a price guide here is a posting from last year. (http://www.marlin-collectors.com/forum/ ... =4&t=14257) Prices on the auction sites can get CrAzY!!! ;)
"Let there be Welders,to attach metal things to other metal things"