Marlin Model 37 - small part fell out

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --

Marlin Model 37 - small part fell out

Post by Guest »

I recently received my Dad's old Marlin Model 37. I was looking it over with the two halves apart. I wanted to check the bore, so I pushed on the end of the firing pin that the hammer strikes and that allowed me to open the breech. in the process, a small cylindrical piece fell out. I am not sure where it came from. It is about a quarter of an inch long, an eighth of an inch in diameter, is bored out on one end, a slight bevel on half of the top of the over end and a slight grove that goes half way down the side starting at the end with the bevel. Can a Model 37 owners or someone familiar with the rifle tell me were the part goes?

Re: Marlin Model 37 - small part fell out

Post by Guest »

Well, I did find where the part goes. It is a little hard to describe, but there is a part that has a raised cylindrical "button" that fits into the hole on the slide bar. When you flip that piece over, there are two holes, one smaller than the other, bored into the under side of the "button". The piece that fell out goes into the larger of those two holes. I am pretty sure I have it back together correctly, but it would be great to get confirmation from someone else that has or is familiar with a Marlin Model 37. Thanks.