marlin model 80 22

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --

marlin model 80 22

Post by guest »

I have a 50 year old Marlin model 80 bolt action 22. I've lost the magazine and need to find a replacement.
bufford
Beginner

Re: marlin model 80 22

Post by bufford »

Marlin still makes a "clip" magazine that will fit your gun, I just bought a couple of them myself at a local gun store, you might want to take the rifle in and have them help you with this, I got mine for $11.oo each so they are not that expensive.
Bear 45/70
Marksman 1st Class

Post by Bear 45/70 »

bufford wrote:Marlin still makes a "clip" magazine that will fit your gun, I just bought a couple of them myself at a local gun store, you might want to take the rifle in and have them help you with this, I got mine for $11.oo each so they are not that expensive.
That is a BOX magazine. A clip is like the M1 Garand or SKS uses.
Bear 45/70

"My pistol and my rifle are merely the tools, I am the weapon."
bufford
Beginner

Post by bufford »

Gee bear, sorry about the terminology I used, just trying to help the guy out and maybe give him some assistance in finding what he needs.
davethesack

Post by davethesack »

Gander Mountain.Think I paid $13 or 14.
chrifle
Marksman 1st Class

Post by chrifle »

Hey Bufford,
You did great, and don't take offense! We appreciate your help and all considerate inputs to the forum. I think you'll find even Marlin doesn't refer to the Model 80 magazine as a "box" - just look at their original packaging for the current replacement item that fits!!! :D
Bear 45/70
Marksman 1st Class

Post by Bear 45/70 »

chrifle wrote:Hey Bufford,
You did great, and don't take offense! We appreciate your help and all considerate inputs to the forum. I think you'll find even Marlin doesn't refer to the Model 80 magazine as a "box" - just look at their original packaging for the current replacement item that fits!!! :D
Yeah, if everyone uses the wrong term then it must be OK. That is pure as BS. The ammunition carrier or storage device is a magazine. On guns you have either a box or a tube magazine. Clips are used to charge some magazine. So if the wrong term is used it is because people are either uneducated or ignorant.
Bear 45/70

bufford
Beginner

Post by bufford »

Dear bear or maybe the term "cub" applies here now, I am neither ignorant nor uneducated as you seem to imply, perhaps you need to look in a mirror on these 2 qualities you have mentioned and see if they apply to you. I have previously admitted to my mistake in this and yet you seem fit to slam not only me but another member. I can only hope that you were having a bad day in this matter of your replies to this forum and you will grow-up and get over it, I have forgiven you but will take whatever advise from you and throw it out the window as pure "crap" from now on. I may be banned from this site due to my response but who gives you the right to reply to us in the manner you did? PS I am a Vietnam era veteran, 20+ years in Law Enforcement and have 2 sons serving in the US Marine corp, have a nice day!
Bear 45/70
Marksman 1st Class

Post by Bear 45/70 »

bufford wrote:Dear bear or maybe the term "cub" applies here now, I am neither ignorant nor uneducated as you seem to imply, perhaps you need to look in a mirror on these 2 qualities you have mentioned and see if they apply to you. I have previously admitted to my mistake in this and yet you seem fit to slam not only me but another member. I can only hope that you were having a bad day in this matter of your replies to this forum and you will grow-up and get over it, I have forgiven you but will take whatever advise from you and throw it out the window as pure "crap" from now on. I may be banned from this site due to my response but who gives you the right to reply to us in the manner you did? PS I am a Vietnam era veteran, 20+ years in Law Enforcement and have 2 sons serving in the US Marine corp, have a nice day!
If you call a magazine a clip then you can't be educated on guns and the proper terms or you are ignorant (AKA refuses to learn the right way to say and do things). You and your thinking are why America is in the mess it is in. "Whatever" is your motto, nothing matters. Yeah I am having a bad day, surrounded by those who will accept wrong as acceptable. Image I grew up when the right way was the only way.
Bear 45/70

chrifle
Marksman 1st Class

Post by chrifle »

Verbatim descriptions from the Marlin Guns New Component Parts & Price list from 1956:

Model 80-DL Bolt Action.22 caliber repeater, 8 shots, 24" round barrel with MicroGroove rifling for extreme accuracy, Clip Magazine feed...

Model 56 Levermatic Rifle, Lever action, 7-shot clip magazine...

Model 322 Bolt Action Varmint rifle, caliber .222, Sako Mauser type receiver, MicroGroove barrel, Clip magazine holds 3 shots...

I guess Marlin, established in 1870, maker of MILLIONS of rifles, and one of the most respected firearms firms in the history of the world, is uneducated and ignorant on gun terminology :roll: :shock: :? :) :D
bufford
Beginner

Post by bufford »

Enough said on this ok, thanks for the above info, let's let it go and move on, I am, we need to help each other not be nit picking on things when we know what we are referring to when someone asks for advise, if you are more knowledgable on something, pass that info on, don't be offensive in your replies or you will find yourself alone in your thinking and no-one will accept your info as trusting for them. Have a nice day, I am.
Guest52

Post by Guest52 »

I have a Marlin model 80 Bolt action 22. I was wondering if there is a "clip magazine" made for this gun that holds more than 7 rounds?
Bear 45/70
Marksman 1st Class

Post by Bear 45/70 »

All this just proves that you can't fix stupid because they want to be stupid.
Bear 45/70

marlin 1893
Marksman 1st Class

Post by marlin 1893 »

(Detachable Box Magazine ) describes a removeable magazine that offers one the ability to load or
unload cartridiges with it removed from the firearm.Early on the stripper clip held the cartridges
together to be inserted into the internal box magazine. Over time we have began to take a short
cut and refer to the detachable box magazine as the clip. Right or Wrong we all seem to like to take
short cuts.
tigweld
Marksman

Post by tigweld »

"Let there be Welders,to attach metal things to other metal things"