1893 Parts Search....

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
Rustyjunk

1893 Parts Search....

Post by Rustyjunk »

Greetings!
I just discovered this forum, and it's a good one!
I'm looking for parts for a friend's 1893 rifle, no. 3886XX. We need a pistol grip lower tang assembly, including the mainspring and it's moorings, and a tang screw. Apparently the story is that some idiot way back when missed a deer with seven shots from the piece, and then wrapped it around a tree in frustration...
Some details from the gun: Pistol Grip stock with fancy checkered wood fore and aft, 28" octagon takedown barrel with period correct if not original sights, Full length magazine tube, Marlin Safety atop the reciever ahead of two plug screws on 7/8" ctrs, 32-40 caliber with a fair bore, Special Smokeless Steel on the left barrel flat, Model 1893 between two arrowheads pointing away from the model stamp on the rewelded upper tang. I have a lower tang from a 336 but the back of the tang is configured differently than the inlet in the wood, and I have no main spring. Any assistance or suggestions you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Dirtwater Doc
Beginner

Re: 1893 Parts Search....

Post by Dirtwater Doc »

Wisner's and Numrich will have some of the screws and springs.

Doc
Rustyjunk

Re: 1893 Parts Search....

Post by Rustyjunk »

Can anyone post a side view of a pistol-grip lower tang? Maybe I can reconfigure the 336 lower tang I found to make it fit the 1893 stock... Thanks for any and all help here.