Marlin Machine Gun

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
Richard
Beginner

Marlin Machine Gun

Post by Richard »

I am trying to help a friend identify the correct model number, year of manufacture and approximate value for a Marlin Machine Gun.

This is a 30 cal, belt fed, tri-pod mounted copy of the Colt Model 1895 (originally designed by Browning).

The Serial Number on this gun is #453. It has the "Potato Digger" style action and a finned barrel. The tri-pod appears to be the shorter model and the seat on the tri-pod is the longer style, not the bicycle type. There are two canvas belts in new condition. It is correctly registered with ATF as a Dewat. The gun is in excellent condition.

Based on what I have found so far on the internet I believe it is a Model 1914, probably used by the Army for training.

Any information the members can give would be greatly appreciated.

Richard
tval1884@aol.com

Re: Marlin Machine Gun

Post by tval1884@aol.com »

Richard,

Can you supply us with a few photos fo the gun so we could properly identify the weapon.

Thank You,

Anthony Valentino
Fields of Thunder Museum
info@fieldsofthunder.com
Charlie

Re: Marlin Machine Gun

Post by Charlie »

Richard

The proper designation is a Marlin Model 1914 Machinegun.

I have a registered one but am in need of a belt, would your friend be interested in parting with one, or know where I might locate one. By the way if it is a legally registered Dewat, are you aware that he can legally request approval to remanufacture it live. I did mine about two years ago.

Chuck?