ser #

Pistol related discussion

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

ghfarm
Beginner

ser #

Post by ghfarm »

i have a marlin safety police 32cal pistol, where do i find ser#, when was it made.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: ser #

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Ghfarm;

By Safety Police, do you mean it is marked that way? Does the top of the barrel say Marlin Firearms Corporation?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then you have a Hopkins & Allen Safety Police that was assembled by the Marlin Firearms Corporation after WW I. Marlin aquired H&A during WW I, and assembled a couple of different models of H&A guns after the war to sell.
The serial number should be located under the grips, which should have an H&A logo. There is a couple of other places to look, but it has been a while since I looked at one to be able to tell you exactly all the other places right now.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
ghfarm
Beginner

Post by ghfarm »

Regnier (gunrunner) wrote:Ghfarm;

By Safety Police, do you mean it is marked that way? Does the top of the barrel say Marlin Firearms Corporation?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then you have a Hopkins & Allen Safety Police that was assembled by the Marlin Firearms Corporation after WW I. Marlin aquired H&A during WW I, and assembled a couple of different models of H&A guns after the war to sell.
The serial number should be located under the grips, which should have an H&A logo. There is a couple of other places to look, but it has been a while since I looked at one to be able to tell you exactly all the other places right now.
gunrunner
thank you for info. found number 1 under wood grips. grips seem to be extra large. number was on right side bottom next to a alignment pin for grips. also found #32 stamped in front of grip frame where your fingers would fit.
yes to the marlin firearms corp new haven conn.u.s.a. on top of barrel. also below that was pat'd aug 21 1906. just found #
29 on barrel frame undercyl barrel pivot shaft, #9 is double stamped could be 299. hope this may help. thank you again.
no H&A logo.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Ghfarm;

The mixed numbers sounds typical of the Marlin Corporation assembled H&A Safety Police pistols I have seen in the past. You may have the large target style grips that H&A used on the single shot target pistol they made at the same time as the Safety Police, except that the H&A medallion was not installed.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.