INTERCHANGABLE WOOD ON MARLIN EXTERNAL HAMMER PUMP SHOTGUNS

Anything Shot Gun related

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

BUSSMAN69
Beginner

INTERCHANGABLE WOOD ON MARLIN EXTERNAL HAMMER PUMP SHOTGUNS

Post by BUSSMAN69 »

I have recently started collecting all of the Marlin external hammer pump shotguns. They are out there but most of them look like they have been laying in a road ditch for the last 100 years. So I have bought several that are Fixer Uppers. My main question for today is: Is the wood forearm and stock interchangeable from one model to another on these old pump shotguns ?? Right now I am just working on all 12 gauge guns. So does the Tootsie Roll forearm and stock of a model 1898 fit on a model 17 or 21 ?? The forearm on all 3 models has the correct 2 hole attachment for the screws. And is the top and bottom receiver tangs on all 3 models the same ? So the same stock would fit on all 3 models as well ?? Any advice will be appreciated as I am trying to track down quite a few parts right now. These are the 3 models that I am working on right now. Thanks in advance.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: INTERCHANGABLE WOOD ON MARLIN EXTERNAL HAMMER PUMP SHOTGUNS

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

BUSSMAN69;

The simple answer to your question is YES. A good source for parts is eBay. . I purchased a lot of parts there.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
BUSSMAN69
Beginner

Re: INTERCHANGABLE WOOD ON MARLIN EXTERNAL HAMMER PUMP SHOTGUNS

Post by BUSSMAN69 »

That's what I was hoping the answer would be. Thanks again for your input and advice. It is appreciated.