Marlin .22 short pump. Model 25 or Not?

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Shannon Ryman
Beginner

Marlin .22 short pump. Model 25 or Not?

Post by Shannon Ryman »

Hello,

I need some help identifying a gun I just inherited. It is a Marlin tube-fed pump for .22 short or caps that looks like a Winchester "gallery gun."

It says "Model No 25" on the tang (the "o" in "No" is underlined. It also has a serial number of 1664 on the side of the tang that can only be seen by removing the butt stock.

It also lists some patent information on the barrel, the last date listed is 1914 so it must have been made after that.

I have searched for information on Marlin's website for model 25s but those are bolt action rifles in .22 lr.

Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Shannon Ryman
SASS Alias Mangy Cur
Sure-Shot
Distinguished Expert

Post by Sure-Shot »

The Model 25 pump shot 22 shorts or CB caps. They were made in 1909 and 1910. The ones you are seeing was the bolt action 25 that came out in the early to mid 80's.
GBOT, GBUSA
Emmett Dunham
Pro-Marksman

Model 18

Post by Emmett Dunham »

The Model 18 and 25 are the same or at least I know no difference other than the firing pins, the model 20 also uses many of the same parts. Numrich has a limited number of part for your rifle. I have been looking for an extractor for one rifle and am looking for a carrier, extractor and firing pin for the other. You will find the price of these rifles are not that high and if the condition is poor, the price is some were around seventy five dollars and in good condition maybe three to four hundred dollars and if it has checkering, custom factory stock or factory engraving the price goes up.

Emmett
Sure-Shot
Distinguished Expert

Post by Sure-Shot »

Emmett have you tried Wisners, he has an extractor listed on his parts list.
http://www.wisnersinc.com/rifles/marlin ... start.html
GBOT, GBUSA
Emmett Dunham
Pro-Marksman

No such luck

Post by Emmett Dunham »

I've tryed the site and they have a 27-18 which is their part number for a Model 27, I also called.

Thank!

Emmett

P.S. One will come the way of the world, I just have to wait!