Model 19 Gun Show Find

Anything Shot Gun related

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

hbn=i
Beginner

Model 19 Gun Show Find

Post by hbn=i »

<t>Recently purchased this model 19 at a gun show here in VA.The almost all the blueing was gone, there was a chunk missing from the fore gripe, and one of the small leaf springs on the recoil block was broken. The bore was in great shape. I was able to fabricate a spring from a piece of coping saw blade and after installing that and going through the 4 safety checks, i fired the gun. It fed, fired and ejected just like it was supposed to. So then I decided to refinish the wood and metal and replace the chunk missing from the fore grip. Serial number 77489.Barrel has 2 numbers.63423C and 39301.Any comments, feed back or info you can add will be apprecited.</t>
hbn=i
Beginner

Re: Model 19 Gun Show Find

Post by hbn=i »

Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Hbn=I;

How long is the barrel on your Marlin Model 19? I see the barrel serial number indicates it has a cylinder bore (the letter "C" with the serial number).
Just be aware that should your coping saw spring break, it will put the shotgun back in the unsafe area. Everything must be in complete and working order for these shotguns to be safe to shoot. I have seen these actions look like they should be in the locked position, but were not. Just a work of caution.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
hbn=i
Beginner

Post by hbn=i »

Barrel is 26". I see what you are saying about my replacement spring. If it breaks or is moved out of place, the bolt release plunger looses its spring tension so I will know it's broke without removing the trigger guard.