Crescent buttplate ,saddlring

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

shootrj2003
Marksman

Crescent buttplate ,saddlring

Post by shootrj2003 »

I have a mod.1893 SRC mfg.1900 30/30 bought it years ago,in Maine,it was missing the ring but had the staple, being a farrier I made a ring from a valve spring of the correct size ,well - close not sure of the proper dimensions,not important as I would like to replace it with a correct ring someday.The harder find is a crescent buttplate ,carbine type ,folded over at the top,they seem to be the devil to find,again I made a suitable replacement that works and looks good fore use- deer hunting,range use etc. again however,I want this beautiful( to me)old carbine to be correct with original parts.I actually had the original,but it had some surface rust and I removed it to place it in rust remover,naval jelly,it ,uh,disappeared never to be seen again!So be really careful with that stuff.I am searching for these parts,if any one knows of any available a heads up is really great.
I have searched all the usual sources ,all I found was a Winchester buttplate of that type that’s no better than the one I made as it’s not Marlin made,rings don’t seem to be a problem,although many sellers don’t seem to know or care for the difference between brands and confuse one for the other constantly. Again if anybody can help,thanks Shootr
being of a mind that an armed populace is a free populace.... i'm armed!
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Re: Crescent buttplate ,saddlring

Post by marlinman93 »

Contact Larry Osborn. He sells Marlin replacement screws, but might have some other parts also.

marlingunscrews@gmail.com 208-651-6300
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
shootrj2003
Marksman

Re: Crescent buttplate ,saddlring

Post by shootrj2003 »

Thank you kindly,I will do that tomorrow.
being of a mind that an armed populace is a free populace.... i'm armed!