Color case hardening

Anything to do with gun smithing.
rwnblack
Beginner

Re: Color case hardening

Postby rwnblack » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:16 pm

I have been doing some more case hardening and here are a few pics. I have been primarily using 2:1 wood to bone charcoal, 720 C for about 1 hour, dunked in tap water with airbubling, parts tied to a short chain so they don't fall to the bottom. I bought a 1893, 1894 and 1897 marlins that I am going to caseharden after I reline the barrels, install new wood and blue.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Brent
Marksman 1st Class

Postby Brent » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:21 am

You are doing great work!

marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Postby marlinman93 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:03 am

Beautiful case colors!
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!

Copelandgs
Beginner

Postby Copelandgs » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:15 am

Hey guys I found this forum about 7 months ago and love it. One thing I want to point out is that photo bucket has pretty much blocked the photos you guys have posted. Unless of course you pay like 400 dollars a year have them shown. I have my own formula of color case I would like to show on here as well. Just have to figure out how to post pictures now.

marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Postby marlinman93 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:35 am

Copelandgs wrote:Hey guys I found this forum about 7 months ago and love it. One thing I want to point out is that photo bucket has pretty much blocked the photos you guys have posted. Unless of course you pay like 400 dollars a year have them shown. I have my own formula of color case I would like to show on here as well. Just have to figure out how to post pictures now.

Yes, unfortunately photobucket has destroyed a huge treasure of good pictures. So many that I find it overwhelming to try and restore them all to my new picture hosting site, and then again add them to various forums. Afraid they're lost for eternity now.
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!

Return to “Gunsmithing”